Accounts Payable Specialist
Job status: Part-time Hours: 23-25 hours per week Location: Short Pump, VA 23233
Strange’s has a position opening for a part time Accounts Payable Specialist at the Short Pump location. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for performing the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
The essential candidate has exceptional analytical skills, bookkeeping experience, and the ability to develop vendor relationships.
- Maintains updated vendor files and monthly statement audits
- Processes monthly financial reports and end of month closing reports
- Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries
- Monitors Florist and Wholesale accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Checks and approves all vouchers for payment
- Maintains communication with senior management
- Assists with accounts receivable statements and special projects, as necessary
- Prepares batches of invoices for data entry
- Manages the weekly check runs
- Manages invoices, wires, check requests and expense reports for the Florist and Wholesale divisions
- Resolves discrepancies in accounting records for the Florist and Wholesale divisions
- Calculates freight for cut flower shipments and box sizes data entry
- Manages vehicle listing and heavy equipment maintenance
- Performs other related tasks as instructed by management
Interested in this position?
Apply Online or stop by our Short Pump location to fill out an application in person.