Warehouse/Materials Handling Specialist
Job status: Part-time Hours: 25 hours per week Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Strange’s has a position opening for a full time Warehouse/Materials Handling Specialist at the Mechanicsville location. The Warehouse/Materials Handling Specialist is responsible for maintaining an organized warehouse layout and to ensure the safety, cleanliness, and order of the warehouse department. The Warehouse/Materials Handling Specialist is also responsible for receiving, storing, loading and unloading merchandise.
The essential candidate is organized and has experience in a warehouse environment.
Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday 8 AM – 3 PM (24 hours a week)
*Applicants must be able to work the above schedule every week year round in order to be considered for this position.
- Cleans and maintains work area to ensure warehouse safety
- Unloads, cuts and processes fresh flowers for distribution
- Completes various preparation and inventory duties (I.e. cleans flower buckets, flower coolers, tracks floral dumpage etc.
- Monitors daily warehouse activity by keeping clear records as goods enter and leave the warehouse
- Coordinates efficient operation of the warehouse department
- Organizes materials on shelves, racks and bins according to warehouse layout
- Completes general landscape maintenance to include cutting grass, weed eating, and updating garden beds
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Interested in this position?
Apply Online or stop by our Mechanicsville location to fill out an application in person.