Greenhouse Department Assistant
Job status: Full-time Hours: 40+ hours per week Location: Short Pump, VA 23233
Strange’s is seeking a department assistant for the Short Pump Greenhouse. The Department Assistant is the primary administrative support to the greenhouse department. This team member is responsible for the purchasing, receiving and signage of greenhouse plant products.
Successful candidates are highly organized, have a go-getter mentality, great attention to detail, and are deadline oriented.
Pay rate to be discussed during the interview process. This position is benefits eligible -healthcare, 401k, tuition assistance, PTO and more!
Scheduling : 45-48 hours a week on average (mandatory overtime during peak seasons)
- Coordinates with other team members on the purchasing of product
- Acts as a keyholder for the department
- Frequently communicates with vendors/suppliers
- Answers customer calls requesting product information
- Coordinates and schedules team level meetings per managements guidance
- Consistently monitor inventory levels
- Spearheads department seminars and special events
- Processes all paperwork for product inventory promptly (i.e. purchase orders, claims, etc.)
- Investigates and determines what/how/why material came in incorrectly or damaged
- Processes special requests/orders from customers and landscapers
- Works closely with the Greenhouse Receiver to unload product and ensure appropriate tagging/signs
- Performs other related duties as assigned by department management
Apply Online or stop by our Short Pump location to fill out an application in person.