Retail Greenhouse Manager
Job status: Management Hours: 45 hours per week on average Location: Short Pump, VA 23233
Strange’s has a position opening for a full time Retail Greenhouse Manager at the Short Pump Garden Center.
The essential candidate has proven ability to lead and manage teams. Candidates must have experience in the green industry, or equivalent education with management experience. Buying experience preferred. Candidates must have the ability to create sales projections, buying schedules, inventory controls, timelines, and holiday planning.
The Greenhouse Manager is responsible for the development and performance of all greenhouse operations.
Scheduling : 45-48 hours a week on average (mandatory overtime during peak seasons)
Pay rate to be discussed during the interview process. This position is benefits eligible -healthcare, 401k, tuition assistance, PTO and more!
• Build and maintain seasonal department plans
• Develop and implement greenhouse special events, displays, seminars and signage
• Organize employee training within the greenhouse department (i.e. products knowledge, customer service, and safety)
• Maintain cleanliness/safety of water systems, temperature controls and equipment within the greenhouse
• Develop a weekly schedule for greenhouse team
• Oversee daily openings and closings for the greenhouse department
• Plan, implement and produce seasonal crop schedules with the assistance of the greenhouse growers
• Track sales trends on an ongoing basis and predict sales potential based on the use of all available data
• Predict and secure seasonal product purchases through online budget programs
• Frequently process and update sales/COG reports
• Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding staff performance
• Supervise the watering, growing, maintenance ,and organization of all greenhouse inventory via greenhouse growers
• Establish short/long term annual goals for the greenhouse department
• Communicate with the greenhouse assistant and receiver regarding quality control of incoming plant material and future product orders
*The candidate for this position will need to obtain a VA Pesticide Applicator’s License
Apply Online or stop by our Short Pump location to fill out an application in person.