Espoma PlantTone - Multiple Sizes
Product Code: ESPOMA PLANTTONE
Availability: In Stock
All Natural General Use plant food. Perfect for blooming plants in containers or beds.
- For new lawns, work 40 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. into the top 4 inches of soil. Seed can be sown immediately. Once the lawn is 6 months old, treat it as an established lawn. For established lawns, apply 20 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. 3 times a year - Spring, Summer and Fall.
- Garden Beds
- Mix Plant-tone into the top 4 inches of soil at the rate of 4 lbs. per 100 sq. ft.
- New Plantings
- Dig hole twice as wide and same depth as root ball. Loosen roots and spread them into prepared hole. Remove 1/3 of soil and replace with compost or soil mix. Mix 1-2 cups of Plant-tone into soil mix. Do not mound the stems. Water thoroughly and add mulch to conserve water and control weeds.
- Established Plants
- In general, feed trees and shrubs twice a year - Spring and Fall. Feed flowers and vegetables once per month through the growing season. Sprinkle 1 cup of Plant-tone around the drip-line of the plant (forming a circle under the plant's outer leaves). For trees and shrubs, use 1 cup for each foot of branch spread (diameter of plant).
- Potted Plants
- Mix 1 part Plant-tone to 25 parts soil. Feed established plants 1 tsp. of Plant-tone for each 3 inches of pot diameter. Repeat monthly.
Sizes we carry:
Plant Tone 4 lbs $6.95
Plant Tone 8 lbs $10.95
This product is available for purchase in-store and/or web purchase for in-store pickup only.
The floral designs and plants that are shown on our web site are normally available for the period they are offered. A particular flower variety and/or color may not be available on a short term basis. If a specific flower or plant is not available on the day of delivery a reasonable substitution may be needed to complete your request. We will substitute only when needed and fill your request as close as possible to the item, or items, you have selected.
All efforts are made to create your selection as close to the image as possible. In cases where substitutions are necessary Strange's reserves the right to replace the content or colors with best available substitutions of equal or higher value.
All merchandise returns must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Merchandise returned for refund, credit or exchange always requires the original register receipt.
Please call 321-2200 for floral arrangements returns.
All trees, shrubs and perennials have a One (1) Year guarantee from date of purchase with return of original plant and receipt.
All houseplants and annuals have a 30 day guarantee from date of purchase with return of original plant and receipt.
This policy does not apply when a plant or product is marked "ITEM NOT GUARANTEED".
Please review all of our policies.
To keep your flowers as fresh as possible, we strongly recommend that you trim the ends of the stems weekly. Use a knife or clippers to make a 45 degree angle cut about one half inch from the current end of the stem.
With the flowers out of the vase or container, replace the water. Once the water has been changed and the flowers cut, place the flowers back into the vase. Although it is not a requirement, adding flower preservative to the water before returning the flowers to the vase is higly encouraged.
Make sure the flowers do not sit in a sunny window or near a heat vent as this will cause wilting. Keep them as cool as possible. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us via email or phone.